Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Update on Annie's Quiltmaking 101 Class

In a past post, I had mentioned that I had won an opportunity to participate in an on-line quilt class the-one-and-only Annie Smith of Simplearts.com. Here are some of the blocks that I have finished:

Lesson 2 - Rail Fence Block

Lesson 3 - Log Cabin Block


and Nine Patch Block


Lesson 4 - Madison House


and Madison Trees


Lesson 5 - Heart Block


and Postage Stamp Block


Next lesson will be Drunkard's Path, one of my favorites.

I am using fabric from Moda's Cotton Patch. I love the colors, the oranges and the turquoises, colors that I may not normally use. I am really enjoying the class, even though it may not be the typical "classroom" setting. One problem that I am having is that Annie's blocks look SO MUCH better than mine, but that just my opinion. Another is that I am having a problem envisioning the final product, the finished sampler quilt. I just don't know if I made the right choices in fabric and color selections and if they will look right once they are set side-by-side. I'm just gonna have to trust Annie.

There are 11 lessons total and I will post more block as I finish them.

Later,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment