Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happiest Time of the Year

Just two more days until Christmas. I'm feeling the holiday preparations almost done, but there always seem to be one more. I finally got the final gift purchased (I hope it's the last) and now to wrap them all. The kids will help bake cookies for Santa tomorrow.

I'm wiped out. For me, this time of year is such a frenzy (but I know that it's like that for everyone!). Just had two birthdays and I am anxiously awaiting the priceless expressions on the Christmas faces! I'll know then that it was all worth it.

I had just finished making some Christmas gifts today (cutting it pretty close, I know).

I had made some easy candy jars for the kids' teachers, one for the hairdresser... you get the idea. They were so simple to make and the turned out pretty cute. I had gotten this idea when I was browsing other blogs a few months ago (so sorry, I couldn't locate the blog name). It's made from a coffee drink bottle, some Christmas themed fabric, ribbon, and card stock.

I had made these lil' Scrabble pillows, too. These turned out so adorable, they turned out to be pretty addicting. I had made them to spell out the names of the recipients. The pillows are only 8 inches square or they would have be wrapped up in a huge box otherwise. I would like to make some more of these for my future Etsy shop. Perhaps I would make them in several sizes.

I'm finding myself taking a short break tonight before I'll start on the Christmas yummies tomorrow.

I wish everyone happy holidays and a whole year filled with joy!!

Jane

1 comment:

  1. We are all so busy this time of year...sounds like you did a fabulous job for everyone on your list. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete