Sunday, June 5, 2011

Quilt Show

I was at a quilt show yesterday!  It was organized by one of my favorite quilt shops, Quilts 'n Bloom.  She usually has an outdoor show, but this year it was indoors.  I was especially glad because it was excruciatingly hot and humid.  She also had quilter and the designer of Kansas Troubles fabrics, Lynn Hagmeier there for a lecture and a trunk show.  I would have loved to be able to attend the lecture but my son had a baseball game at the same time.  The things us mommies do for our babies!  ; )

I did enjoy seeing the quilts in the show:

An UFO that I'm working on, Dear Jane.  I loved the way it looked, done in the original color-way.  I think I may have to complete about ten more blocks of mine.



This quilt's colors stopped me in my tracks.  I just love the tan border.  And once I got a closer look at it, I could see that it was hand-quilted!



This quilt looked as if it was in 3D.  At least to me it did.  The stars and the 16-patches seemed to come out in front of the background.  Hmmmm...I think I'm getting an idea for another quilt!



This another quilt from the same quilter as the above quilt.  I just loved the machine-quilting.  A pretty simple quilt pattern but it's quilting put it over the top.




Another quilt pattern like the above quilt.




This quilt has a chenille border.  I couldn't tell if the border fabric was a pre-made chenille, probably was, but I loved the effect it created in the quilt.





I loved the redwork on this tablerunner.  This quilter also made the Dear Jane quilt.





I have a blogger friend who had also made this quilt.  I'm hoping to made one for myself one day.



This quilt was so adorable.  It reminds me of Bunny Hill's pattern called Rabbits Prefer Chocolate.  And we know how much I love Bunny Hill!!



And, of course, I had one of mine there!


I was hoping to have another available but quilting with the long-arm machine is going to take a little longer than I thought it would.  I'm hoping to have some new quilts to bring for the next quilt show.

I had noticed that my husband was a lot more observant of the quilts that were exhibited.  He could tell the differences between hand and machine-quilting.  And he was very proud of mine because he knew that I had made mine from start to finish!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment