I'm finally feeling that I'm accomplishing some progress in my UFO's. No quilts are finished but I feeling I have been moving forward, at least.
I had decided to work on two different UFO's. You had seen the Sunflower quilt from the last post. I have appliqued all the sunflower on the body of the quilt. I have just received the fabrics for the borders and once they are sewn on, I can continue with the appliqueing.
I've got a pile of sunflowers ready.
One good reason not to leave your UFO's unfinished for a long period of time is that it becomes difficult to find the same fabrics you may have used. I've had to substitute the black fabric in the border for a solid black because I was unable to find it anywhere online or at my local quilts shops.
And you know that I can't work on just one quilt. I have been avoiding this quilt for a while. Although I still love this quilt, it is a very complex and tedious one. But I think it will be all worth it once it is done. Here's a sneak peak!
I hadn't planned it, but black is predominate in both of these quilts.