Sunday, November 18, 2012

Another Saturday Morning Sew-in

We had another Saturday Morning Sew-in this weekend.   In my own way, I participated using any excuse to do some sewing.

Lately, I have been finding owl projects so interesting.  I've been wanting to make an owl pillow or an owl plush softie for an while now.  So I thought a small owl pincushion would be a perfect project for the sew-in.


I had made the first one and had to show it to my son.  Since his school's mascot is the Mighty Owl, he asked if I would make one for his school's secretary.  I agreed, but then he batted his eyes at me and said "Can you make one for me too?"

So now we have three baby owls- one for Ms. Secretary, one for my son, and one for me!


They are so cute, I decided to make more for myself.  I'm using different fabrics and I'm trying to locate something I could use as a nest for them.  The new baby owls will have a little something different with them.

As soon as I'm done, I'll post photos.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment