Saturday, January 26, 2013

Am I Coming Down With Something?!?


The flu epidemic still persists across our country.  I've been quite fortunate that it hasn't hit our family hard (my youngest has had a low fever a couple of days but I don't know if it is flu related - the flu vaccine may have helped).  But I may have contracted another illness.  I think I may have QUILT POX!!

I think I may have been diseased from my local quilt shop.  I've been hanging around there, perhaps more than I should.  Which isn't a bad thing, right? 

But serious...the quilt shop owner had a website for her shop that wasn't being utilized to it's full potential.  I had been looking for a particular fabric I had purchased in her brick and mortar store.  I wanted to check her website before making the trip, and I found out she wasn't using the "fabric" category of her website.  

So what did I do?  I offered to help her add fabrics into her web store.  I knew that I wasn't the only person who searched for fabrics on the web, and she could profit from that. 

So, as of the last two weeks, I have been diligently been imputting fabric names, desciptions, pattern #'s, prices... into the website.  I find myself in heaven when I'm at her shop because it is MY job to throw myself into all her quilting fabrics!!  And I couldn't ask for a better schedule.  It allows me to choose which days to come in and scan fabric images and gather info on them.  Then I can work from home and be with my family.  I'm only away when my boys are at school, so to them, I'm still their stay-at-home mom.

Sometimes I feel that I've over-filled my plate at times, but it fills good that I am helping out my new boss.  I feel that I am getting something important accomplished.

As soon as I get all the fabrics into the website, I'll be able to share it with you.  Hope it will be soon.  Now...back to work!!!

Jane

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a win - win for you and the owner. I think this is THE quilt shop that I used to frequent when I lived nearby. I miss it now that I live in IL.

    ReplyDelete