Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy First Day of Spring!

Today, it is officially the first day of Spring.  It's my favorite season!  I have been enjoying the warm 70-80 degree temps for a while now.  So in my opinion, it has started about three weeks ago.  But based on the calendar, Spring is here!!

This last Saturday was National Quilting Day.  Unfortunately, I was unable to do any quilting.  My younger son had his Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts.  He has now successfully advanced to his next year as a Wolf Scout!  And then the day after, his was sick with a fever.  I was able to do a  little quilting while I was watching over him.

Tiger's display table


centerpieces I had made

He was home from school for a day, so I had spent that day working on my hexagon pieces.  Luckily, he was able to overcome from his illness on his own, without the aid of antibiotics, and he is at school today.  So I spent my "day of quilting" a little late, but I got it in!!

I'm planning on spending the rest of my day making more hexagons.  Maybe I'll take them outside with me and stitch in the fresh Spring air!  But once the boys get home, there's homework to do and a Science project that I've got to get my older son to get motivated on!


Have to go for now, hexagons are awaiting!

Jane  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment