Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Non-Quilty Project


I haven't had much time for quilting.  I try to squeeze a little when I can, but I've been able to do very little.  And the reason why? - Cub Scouts Blue & Gold Banquet!

The purpose of the Blue and Gold Banquet is to celebrate our Cub Scout pack's anniversary, to thank pack leaders and other adults who have helped the pack, and to inspire the leaders, Scouts and parents.  Simply put : we're celebrating Cub Scout's birthday!

Our pack tries to make it a special event by inviting friends and relatives to attend.  Our scouts will also receive their advancement badges and awards at this time.

It being our den leader's first year in Cub Scouts, and I had five years with my older son, I asked if I could start on the decorations.  Our boys are to help make table decorations and I will be assembling, what I call our "show-off" table.

I thought a camping theme would work good with our scout decorations.

I have made a poster that will be used as a backdrop for our "show-off" table.

This was my progression:






I have other items to work on.  I'll be meeting up with the den leader and we will be working together on some projects.  Our boys will also help out with some painting.

Like I said... busy, busy, busy!

Jane  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment