Thursday, March 7, 2013

Barn Quilt Trail

In the area where I reside, my county will be celebrating its 200th birthday with beautiful barn quilt blocks dotting the landscape.  They are calling it "The Bicentennial Barn Quilt Tour."

 
Although the barn quilt tour doesn't officially start until April, I've already spotted a few blocks.  And as the quiltgeek that I am, I'm wanting to participate, too!

I don't live in a barn, and I don't want my house to be a part of the tour, but I want to place a quilt block in front of my house as a devoted quilter.  How could I not resist!

Block design pencilled on wood

Using masking tape in the painting process

Finished!
 
If only fabric projects were finished this quickly - and this cheap!  The wood was only about $3.00!
 
Just another example of my quilty craze!
 
Jane 

1 comment:

  1. I love your block. :)
    I read about this on Facebook or somewhere. Maybe I'll get to see some of them eventually.

    ReplyDelete