Friday, March 19, 2010

Oh, Happy Day

Today, it is officially the first day of spring. And it is also National Quilting Day!! How could it get any better!

Well, two days ago, wasn't so good. It was a beautiful day and since my older son finished his homework, he wanted to go outside and ride his bike. He was waiting for the neighbor boy to finish his homework when the neighbor boy's dog had bitten him - right around his right eye. I thank God that it wasn't as bad as it was, and it was pretty bad. I think his eyeglasses shielded his eye or else it would have been so much worse. By that time, the doctor's office was closed and, after cleaning it and bandaging it, it didn't look E.R. worthy. Plus he was begging not to go to the hospital.

Yesterday, he went to school, showing off his wounds- just like a boy!! The school nurse had notified me that a dog's mouth is filthy. Since the wounds were so close to his eye, he should get antibiotics for it. So after school, we made a trip to the hospital (his pediatrician doesn't look at dog bites, he wanted us to go to the E.R.) and after the 3 hour visit, a prescription and a shot of antibiotics, he is on his way to a good recovery, besides the wounds.

So, knowing that my baby boy is now safe and healing, I am so thankful the outcome wasn't as severe as it could have been. He now has 7 days of spring break to recuperate.

I'm planning to celebrate National Quilting Day, well, working on my quilts. Will have some photos soon.

Enjoy your Quilting holiday,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment