Sunday, March 14, 2010

Work Update

It has been just over a week since my last post. I have working on the Quiltmaking 101 Sampler quilt. I think I got the sashing and cornerstones the way I like them (it always seems funny how it comes out a little different from how I pictured it in my head and in my drawings). I have been piecing them together and I hope to have it all of them with the blocks pieced soon. My son's baseball coach had just called about practice this week, so that may take away some of my time. I'll have to figure out something different I can take with me- something with applique.


I had purchased fatquarters and 1/4 yard cuts for this quilt, I had used a lot of some and a little of others. I've cut out so many 1/2 inch squares from those scraps that I am beginning to see them in my dreams.


Then I'm having to make different lengths of sashing. It is easy work but it the tedious, small work like this...doing it over and over again...that's what runs me down. I'm ready to work on something new, but I'm going to stick with it. I'm going to have to get this top finished!

I had picked up the wool quilt batting for the Dresden plate quilt on Friday, so it can be "sandwiched" at any time. Maybe I'll do that when I need to take a break from the above quilt.

I can't wait to get these quilts done, because I am already visualizing the next UFO quilts I want to work on. In a past post titled "Summertime," there is a floral-type quilt that has been calling me. Probably sparked by the warmer temperatures and sunshine. And when I got the batting, I had a talk with the quilt shop owner about my "Dear Jane" quilt. She had asked, "Have you finished it yet?" I had to tell her that I hadn't worked on it for awhile, seems more like forever. But I pulled it out again and I bet I can work a few more blocks from time to time.

Okay, gotta get back to work! ; )

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment