Friday, May 7, 2010

15 Years Ago

The first part of this post was suppose to be up yesterday because my computer was acting up-

It was 15 years ago that my wonderful dear husband and I decided to hop on a plane and fly to Las Vegas to get married! 15 years sure does fly when you are spending it with your best friend. I would do it all over again. I have always loved you and I always will.

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -

Now, back to today. My younger son had a special "Mother's Day Tea Party" at his school today for all the mommies. They served finger sandwiches with iced tea (and lemonade for the little ones) and a yummy Mother's Day cake! We played play game for some prizes and the kids sang a song to end the "party." The kids had made a "pot of love" for each of their mommies filled with chocolate. How did they know that was what mommies loved?!


And about quilts- I've been working on my Yoyoville quilt.

There are 21 rows of yoyo/4 patch strips in the body of this quilt. I have 17 of them done already.

I've even started the applique houses that are in the border.
-
I'm trying to get more quilts done so I can get them into some small completions later this year. I know that I still have that Dresden plate quilt that all it needs is to be quilted. I'm planning on finishing it for completion as well. I haven't completed in anything over a year and I think it's about time I get back into them. I'll let you all know when once it becomes time.
-
I still have to get the tote bags finished so I'll try to get some photos in the next post.
-
Gotta get busy sewing,
-
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment