Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's Next? Tote Bag Swap

I'm having still having some problems with Blogger, the site that hosts my blog. It's being temperamental and won't let me enter new posts from time to time. I'm still having my computer savvy father-in-law helping to figure out what's going wrong. So, if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know why.

This will be a quick entry, just wanted to post what I was currently working on.

I'm participating in Brye Lynn's, from sewstitchcreate.com, Tote Bag Swap. Here's the idea that I have. The end result may be slightly different from the stetch, who really knows just how it will turn out. I had fallen in love with Fig Trees' fabric line Buttercream & Figs. But since it's an older line, I'm having a problem locating fabric. I started collecting it about 4 years ago and I still haven't enough to make a full size quilt. So I thought making tote bags will be a good project. I'm planning on making 2 bags and one for myself. In sending 2 into the swap, I'll receive 2 back! I've got about two weeks to work on them, so I better get started!

I have a free day tomorrow. Once the kids are at school, I'll have some quiet time to work on some quilts. And if the blog is in a better mood, I'll try to get some photos up.

Til then,

Jane

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to find your blog! I tried quilting about seven years ago. machine pieced and quilted a 9 patch baby quilt and a rail fence wall hanging. I just didn't enjoy all of the machine time. Now, after being in love with knitting the past five years, I'm falling for quilting again. I'm working on a machine pieced, hand quilted quilt. I"m wanting to learn to hand piece. I'm inspired by your quilts. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete