Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Onward to the Book #4

I really don't know why I'm so proud of myself, but I have just finished reading "Cross-Country Quilters" and have started the next, "The Runaway Quilt."

This time, I am going to use the audio-book route, as well. I've found myself, late at night when the kiddos are asleep, I'm reading when usually I'd be working on a quilt. So, I'm hoping, I can listen through my ipod and still be able to do some sewing.

When I attempted to start reading the first book "The Quilter's Apprentice" a couple of years ago, I had purchaced the book "Elm Creek Quilts" to help me visualize the quilt the main characters were producing. It's a book with quilt patterns that were used in the first few books.


A quilt used in the "The Runaway Quilt"
-
It's fun to see how close the visualization that I had in my head and the one the author/companion quilters had come up with.
-
If my plans go well, I'll still be able to follow along with the story and get some quilt work done!!
-
Jane
-
P.S. the upcoming arthroscopic knee surgery is planned for July 14. Yucky! I may not be able to get up and down from the sewing machine like I use to but I'm wanting to get some applique done. I hope, I hope!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you posted about these books! I got The Quilter's Apprentice and listened (book-on-cd) on the way to the beach last weekend. I'm totally HOOKED now. I just ordered Round Robin and Cross-Country Quilters from Audible.com since our library didn't have them on cd. LOL I want to get the pattern books, as well. I can't wait to keep learning more about Sylvia, Sarah, and the other Tangled Web quilters! ;)

    Good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete