Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Treasures Found

While clean-sweeping my house, I had found some miniature quilts that I had made years (about 10 years?) ago.


I had made them when we were living in Florida and we had moved into a house that had a true laundry room. The home prior to this one had the washer and dryer in the garage. With a laundry room, I wanted to decorate it in a quilty theme, so I made these quilts.


I had hung a thin burlap rope upon the wall and hung the quilts on it with miniature clothes pins above the washing machine.

I just happened to seek a peak at the quilting on the back of the quilt. Back then, I used long quilting stitches. I was just needing to tack them together so I could display them.

I had finished my quilt lamp. Once the quilt cover was placed on the lamp, the navy blue and gold fabrics looked like black and brown (yuck!). I loved the fabrics (from the Kansas Troubles) but it didn't quite look as good as I envisioned. Then I decided to add a maroon binding along the top and bottom to brighten it up a little more. It helped some.
-
I'm still quilting, but not as much with the cleaning. I will have to update soon.
-
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment