Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Addicted to Red and White

My attention has been taken hostage by an exhibit that is being held at the Folk Art Museum in New York City. The exhibit is called "Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts."

(there is a Flickr link on their website)

I've been working on my red and white Drunkard's Path quilt (top is almost done!) and have fallen in love with it. I have been inspired by seeing the hundreds of red and white quilts showcased at this exhibit. Each one simplistic in their two color arrangement. Their blocks may not have been too complicated but the red and white placement makes them each magnificent in their own way.

I'm planning on spending the rest of the evening drafting up some of these quilts, so that I'll have then available for some future projects. I don't know just how many I'll be able to accomplish, but it's still fun to fantasize!!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment