Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Is Here!

Good bye Mr. Snowman! Hello Springtime!!!

Today is the first full a of spring! And I can feel it in the air when I step outside. Currently, the sun is shining and the temperature has reached seventy and it's not even noon yet! It couldn't be better! But in a few days, we will be slammed by a cold front that will bring some cold air back into our area and the temperature will plummet to the 40's again. YUCK! Hopefully, it won't stick around for very long.

During the time I was away while my old computer was down, I had started reading again. The latest "Elm Creek Quilt" novel was not out yet, so I decided to dive into the Marie Bostwick's novels. I started out with her first "Cobble Court" novel, A Single Thread. As a bid fan of the "Elm Creek Quilt" novels, I didn't have high hopes, but I was wrong. I was very pleased with the storyline and enjoyed it enough that I've just finished the second novel A Thread of Truth. Two books in just over a month is incredible for me!

One of the quilt top I had finished was the optical illusion quilt. I love the idea of it being an illusion. but I'm not sure it it works on such a large scale. There is another optical illusion I'd like to try out as a quilt, but I just might wait until this one is totally finished.

*Was planning to include photos with this post but now it's my camera that's giving me problems. I hope that it's a quick fix (unlike the fiasco with the computer) and will be back to business soon!
EDIT: a photo of the optical illusion quilt can be seen in the March 23, 2011 post.


Jane

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently reading The Aloha Quilt and then the next one will be The Union Quilters. Perhaps after that I will look for these titles that you mentioned as I have not yet read them.
    We had a similar day weather-wise yesterday and we too will experience that cold front when it comes with even a bit of snow on the weekend I believe. Sigh. I have never liked the fickleness of spring but I'll take the bad ones with the good days. I loved being outdoors yesterday, sitting on the deck with some iced tea and listening to the birds as I watched my hubby do some yard chores. A great day it was.
    I'm glad you're back to posting and hope that your camera behaves better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete