Monday, May 23, 2011

More Machine-Quilting Practice

I've learned a lot from my practice lessons on the long-arm machine.  The people who are professional long-arm quilters are TRULY talented people and I have a LONG way to go to be at that level!!

I had taken an older, less important quilt top to practice on this time. 


I had marked some simple curves on it and I'm still very wonky. 


I had finally decided to try some large meandering stitches on it and it looked quite good!


I gradually got smaller and smaller on the meandering.  I still can't get the small stippling correct but a medium meandering is quite easy for me.

Now, I am a certified user of their Tin Lizzie quilting machine!!  I still haven't witnessed the computerized Shirley Stitcher in action yet, but I think I'll wait for that until I bring in one of my quilts in.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment