Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week

At my boys' school, it is Teacher Appreciation Week.  As usual, I dive deep into another endeavor...making gifts for the teachers. 

I try to raise my sons to be bright, confident, and respectful young men.  And I couldn't have done that without the help of the staff at our school.  Plus, they take them off my hands for several hours everyday!!

This is what they took to school with them this morning.  A pot fill with herbs: basil, oregano, and thyme.


Each year, the school designates a week in May to focus on a another country.  The students learn about their language, customs, food, and culture.  This year, they will be learning about Italy and I thought it was a good opportunity to incorporate the two together.


That is the reason why I really didn't get much sewing done yesterday.  I had hand-drawn all the decorations in the pot!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had other gifts made for Monday morning, but in the hast to get to school on time, I had forgotten to take photos of them.  That's very typical for us on Monday mornings!!  I had made pocket tags that were made to be placed on water bottles.  In the pocket was a Crystal Light packet of lemonade and note from one or both of my sons to the teacher.  And written on the pocket was:

Thanks for all you do...
By "quenching" our kids'
"thirst" for knowledge!

They turned out very cute, done up in the school's colors.  Wish I had rememberd to take those photos!

I'm not expected to make any more teacher gifts, so I'm hoping to get back to my sewing, back to that "quick" project that has taken me weeks to work on so for!!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment