Thursday, October 13, 2011

Documenting My Quilts

...or at least a way of helping me remember just how many UFOs I have!

All of you quilters or fiber lovers out there - there is a website you need to visit.


Just as ravelry.com is for knitters and crocheters, seamedup.com is for us who love fabric (especially quilters like me!). It is a place where we can track and share our projects with other quilters and sewers.

By taking advantage of the site, I had started to enter my quilts into my "sewing room."  Before long, I had quite a collection.  I enjoyed seeing my quilts grouped together.  As I continued gathering my list, I noticed that there were more unfinished quilts than finished quilts.  And the unfinished group kept growing larger and larger!  And I still had the UFOs in boxes in the garage that were unaccounted for.

This was a wake-up call.  I knew I had a lot of unfinished quilts but I didn't know it was to this extent. 

Along with the quilts in my "sewing room," I am going to start a new blog to help document my quilts.  It will be a companion blog that will connected to this blog.

I need something to show me exactly how many unfinished projects I have.  By seeing the huge number of unfinished quilts, I hope it inhibits me to start any new projects.  And as I finish a quilt, I will be able to add it to the "finished" list. 

Yet, I may be too embarrassed to share my gloom.  I may have to keep it private, just for my eyes only.  Only time will tell.

I am currently constructing the blog and I hope to be able to share with it with you soon.

Jane   <3

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about this website, I am going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely check this out. thanks for sharing!!

    And your in good company with the ratio of unfinished quilts overwhelming the finished ones!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jane! Thanks for writing about SeamedUP! You rock! And just today I decided that my new motto is 'it isn't how many projects you finish - it's how many you start!'

    That will just have to be my motto for now... but I applaud your efforts:)

    ReplyDelete