Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New Elm Creek Is Drawing Near

I had recently read that the next Elm Creek quilt book, "The Wedding Quilt," is coming out soon!  That's just one week away!

Jennifer Chiaverini posted on Facebook:

"If you are a Elm Creek reader who is curious about:
1.   Whether Sarah and Matt had 2 boys, 2 girls, or one of each,
2.   What happens to the love triangle of Summer, Jeremy, and Anna,
3.   How Bonnie and Hinano's long-distance relationship unfolds,
4.   What becomes of the Civil War landmark Union Hall in the present day and/or
5.   If the villainous Gregory Krolich (who wanted to tear down Elm Creek Manor in
      THE QUILTER'S APPRENTICE) ever get his comeuppance.
...then you'll want to pick up a hot-off-the-presses copy of THE WEDDING QUILT on November 1st!"

Isn't that enough to make you want to drop everything you're doing and start reading!!

It has been some time since I had read a book from this series, so I had been trying to do some catching up on the story line.  I've had to familiarize myself with the characters again, mainly the new ones that had been added to the quilt camp crew.

Although the new book seems to be based in modern time, the first book I picked up was "The Runaway Quilt."  I know this book is based in the past, but it is my favorite book out of the series!

I am done with my older son's costume(s), and I'm slowly progressing with the younger son's.  Since there isn't a pattern to help make his costume, it can be quite frustrating.  So I took a quick break to rest my brain.  I pulled out an old project - my Runaway Quilt, like the one that was featured in the book. 


I worked on it for a while, just enough to get myself excited for next week.  But I've got to set it aside before I get too distracted from the important job I have to do.  My baby will be so upset with me if his Halloween costume remains unfinished!

Now I've got to get back to costume making!  Hope to have some photos soon.

Jane  <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh, then you'll love The Lost Quilter and the Runaway Quilt. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete