Monday, April 12, 2010

Help! Tell Me What You Think!

I'm kinda in a pickle! The sampler quilt that I am working on has put a halt on my creativity process.

I had placed sashing around each block using 1 inch squares. But now, the sashing is so busy, the blocks get lost.

So I decided to place a thin frame around each block. I tested one to see if it worked. I'm still not sure.

So...What do you think? Which do you like better?

Photo #1 (without the framing) or


Photo #2 (with the framing)?

If you are visiting my blog, please leave a comment at the end of this post. Which should I stick with? I had some blog friends already give me their opinions, but with a few more, the verdict may be that I may just leave it as-is.

Once I can get this problem taken care of and the quilt finished, I feel I can go full-steam ahead with the next quilt. At least until the next problem arises!

Will be back later,

Jane

4 comments:

  1. It is a tough call but I think you are right...the one at the top is a bit lost. The frame adds a highlight that makes it pop much more than before. Beautiful job, either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one with the frame. Great idea!

    Brye Lynn
    www.sewstitchcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you mean about the busy border around each square, and I agree with Zegi and Brye - the frame really helps!

    Speaking of quilting, have you found www.WeAllSew.com yet? It's a website full of links to sewing and quilting projects, tutorials, and even other sewers on the web. I think you might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the border around the block since it makes the block stand out from the squares around the block.

    ReplyDelete