Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Now That They're Gone...

I haven't been doing a lot of quilting lately... why? Now, that both boys are in school, for majority of the day, I have been finding other things to do besides sewing.

Top on my list - Cleaning.

I've watched a few of those "hoarding" shows on television and I am finding that I have a lot in common with them. Since the knee problems that I was having before surgery, I've just let my home go. It was easier to put things off than doing them right away, because it was difficult. Now, that my knee is feeling better (not 100% yet), I am going to gut this house.

While cleaning, I did find that I had some red and white fabric for my "Round the Block" quilt, so I didn't have to purchase more after my doctor's appointment. But I still needed a small amount of striped fabric for my "Yoyoville" quilt and.... (oh, the guilt) I got a few civil war fat quarters to start on the "Runaway Quilt" from the Elm Creek Quilt series. I just had to. I'm weak!!

I'm going to continue getting my house back in order but I'm still going to have to take some breaks from time to time. At the last doctor's appointment, he still says that I'm doing too much (the swollen knee didn't help either). So I'm hoping to be able to catch up on a few more projects, slowly.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment