Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fun and Busy Weekend

It is a few times that my family and I have a fun and productive weekend.  I'm usually left drained and spent after a day like this (okay, perhaps I'm a little beat) but today, I am grinning ear to ear!

Our day started early this morning with some tournament games that my older son played with his basketball team.  He was done with his games by mid-afternoon, just in time to go to my younger son's first Pinewood Derby with his Cub Scout pack.

We had left the basketball games with the news that we were ranked second overall and we are to come back tomorrow to play against the first seed team!

And this was my younger son's first Pinewood Derby as a Cub Scout.  My husband and I were a little worried about the outcome of the race - if his car performs badly, he could get upset and cry, and may lose his dedication to the whole Cub Scout organization.  But it turned out all good.  He had placed first in his Tiger den and received a trophy.


Even my older son had entered a car into our "Anything Goes" race (a race for parents, and older siblings) and he had the fastest car!


I now have a big smile on me face for our successful day that we all shared together.

Jane  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment