Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Obsessed!


It almost a year ago that the American Folk Art Museum, in New York City, presented "Infinite Variety:  Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts."  I had fallen in love, and you may have too.  The bold yet simplistic expression in these quilts were jaw-dropping.  I couldn't get enough.  I wished I was able to see the in person.

To my delight, Gay from Sentimental Stitches (sentimentalstitches.net) and Brenda from Dear Jane (dearjane.com) are creating a mystery quilt together, named Just Takes 2.


Each month, on the first and the fifteenth, they will present blocks for us the make.  Each block will represent a quilt that was presented in the Infinite Variety exhibit.  As of February 15th, we are at 18 blocks.


Here are the ones I have finished so far:

 Block One (6 inches square)

 Block Two (6 inches square)

 Block Three (6 inches square)

 Block Four (12 inches square)

 Block Five (6 inches square)

 Block Six (6 inches square)

 Block Seven (9 inches square)

 Block Eight (6 inches square)

 Block Nine (6 inches square)

 Block Ten (6 inches square)

 Block Eleven (9 inches square)

 Block Twelve (12 inches square)

 Block Thirteen (3 inches X 12 inches)

 Block Fourteen (9 inches square)

 Block Fifteen (9 inches square)

Block Sixteen (9 inches square)

Block Seventeen (9 inches square)

Block Eighteen - well, that's when I ran out of my white fabric.

More blocks will be presented on the first of March, which will be in a few days.   Looks as if I've got another trip to the fabric store in my future!

Jane  <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh....this is so neat. Not a fan of red and white myself but I could see doing it in any color and it looking just as amazing as yours.

    ReplyDelete