Monday, April 4, 2011

Quilt Springfever

Quilt Springfever? What is it actually? For me, it's this time of the year, when the sun is shining, warming up the temperature. I just want to go outside and soak it all in. My senses are awaken, taking in all the sights and sounds that are associated with Spring (especially when we've been cooped up inside all winter)!

And with it, my eyes are open to new quilt patterns and fabrics (at least new to me!). It just seems like that it is always springtime that I break my rule of "not starting new-finish the old." With all my unfinished projects (and I still love them all), I really don't have the time to start anything new if I really want to able to finish anything.

But I have seen a few...


On the cover of "American Patchwork and Quilting" magazine, there is a yo-yo quilt. And don't ask me why, I just love it! And the simple stitch-in-the-ditch quilting would be so simple for me to accomplish by machine!!


I located this quilt (Pure & Simple by Sweetwater) while looking for another fabric. I love the colors and the simple square blocks. It just captivates me!!


And I just love-love-love this line of fabric from Moda.  It's called Tangled Threads.  I think it would make a real cute "quilt-theme" quilt.


I just adore this print!

I think I may know what it may feels like to an addict.  Now, I'm having to fight the urge to purchase these fabrics!  It would be so exciting to find all these fabrics in my mailbox!  To lay them out and the see how the colors work together... and to roll arould on them!!!

I've got to hold back!! I know that I simply can't do that! To get the fabric will be crossing the line. Once I'm there, there's no going back!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment