Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Some Ninepatch Work

I'm currently doing some tedious piecing for my Reminiscence quilt. It is an applique quilt that has great sashing using ninepatch blocks (it was one of the aspects that caught my eye). I had thought to my self "Real simple. What could easier than making ninepatches?" Right?....
-
Well, it may be one of the simpler blocks to piece, but I have to make 165 of them! I'm only at about 75 right now!
-
And it may be hard to visualize from the photos, but each block is only 1 7/8 inches square!

-
The first 50 were pretty fun, a no brainer. Then it just seemed very repetitive. There will be a total of 825 pieces once I'm finished with this step.

-
Once all the ninepatches a pieced together, I will be needing to add some half-square triangles to each side. The ninepatches will end up on point.
-
I'm forcing myself to finish all the ninepatch blocks before I go on. After all this tedious piecing, I'm going to have to move on to something different.
-
Jane

1 comment:

  1. What an endeavour, I applaud you. The blocks look great and will make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete