Friday, August 21, 2009

Quilt ADHD !?!

Is there such a thing as Quilt ADHD? Quilt Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder? I may have it! I love the process of making a quilt. But once a new idea comes along, I have to set the current project down, to start the new one. But it doesn't stop there. New patterns are everywhere and how is someone to control one's self. The beautiful fabrics used, I've got to have it! The new technique used, I have to try it!! I just can't seem to stop! Next thing I know, I have, who-knows-how-many, quilts to finish. I intend to finish each and every one, but I never realized that it had gotten this far!!

This is a quilt that I am currently working on. I had seen it in a magazine and I fell in love with it. It took me about two years to locate all the fabrics used. I'm planning to replicate the quilt as it was shown in the magazine.

Here is another quilt from the "Quilt Shop Hop" in 2007. I had gotten frustrated with it once I started to put the bias strips as part of the sashing. I know I have to relax and be patient.

I had to set this "Origami" quilt down because I had gotten tired of folding approximately 200+ flowers. That doesn't include the folded flowers I plan on putting in the border. In the end, it will be worth it. The three-dimensional effect is wonderful.

This a pattern from Sue Garman called "Mama Said." The applique is so sweet and she has an adaption so you can change it from girls to boys. YET, I have to wait until I get the other quilts out of the way.


You know there is more!
Til next time,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment