Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh, Dear Me

I know that you know what quilt this is...the famous "Dear Jane" quilt. I had first seen it when the show "Simply Quilts" was still on television. I can't explain it. There is something about it that just called to me. The different blocks and the different fabrics seemed right up my alley.

Once I got the book, I went through my fabric stash, matching the fabrics with what I was seeing in the photos (a great stash buster!). I had gone crazy at first, making blocks after blocks, eventually tapering off. The quilt is now set aside. More fabrics have been purchased for other blocks, so it would be very simple to start again. I'm about half-way done with the blocks, yet it still seems, as if, there is still so much to do.

I will finish it one day it and it will be one of the most appreciated quilts that I have done.

Jane

1 comment:

  1. I finished Dear Jane. It took me 7 years, but I did it. So be patient. One of these days you too will finish it. Mine is not perfect, but finished. So that is the lesson I learned from Brenda P.

    ReplyDelete