Thursday, August 20, 2009

Machine Quilting

I am a hand-quilter. I find it relaxing and very therapeutic, even though it seems to take forever to finish one. Now, I have so many unquilted tops, I really can't picture them finished. I realize that I could send them out to a long-arm machine quilter, but I prefer to make my quilts from start to finish.

These are the quilts that I am going to attempt to machine quilt. It scares me to death because I would like to do some elaborate quilting, but I better keep it simple starting out.
"Mimi"s Sunny Garden" from Nancy Odom



I still have to put a border on this quilt. I want to continue the blanket stitching in the border, but I know it will take a long time to all that handwork. I know the effect will be worth it.
"Be Attitudes" from Nancy Halvorsen


I'll try to post some other quilts that I'm working on soon.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment