Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Applique Quilt

A while back, I was browsing through some quilting blogs and I located this beautiful quilt - Reminiscence designed by Lydia Quigley. I fell in love with it and it wasn't long after that I had the pattern home with me!


A close-up of the sampler blocks. Not sure what I like better, the block style itself or the color scheme that was used??

My older son will be starting basketball practice next week and I had thought that some applique would be perfect to take with me - if I should decide to sit in during his practice.


Block 11 almost done.

Still need to baste Block 3.

I am using some of Nancy Halvorsen's fabric that I had left over from another quilt top. I still don't have enough of the greens and tan/browns, so I see another visit to the quilts shop in my future.

I didn't know it at the time, but this same quilt was at the at the 2009 AQS Quilt Show and Competition in Paducah, Kentucky and it was featured as a second place winner in the magazine.
-

See, I'm not the only one who fell for this quilt! ; )
-
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment