Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Quilt Labels: Part One

I really don't know when I started to put labels on my quilts. I know that my earlier quilts don't have labels. At that time, I guess I didn't think it was that important. I may have started when I was entering them into contests.

But what to name them?? I was clueless and sometimes, even now, I'll have no idea to what to name my quilt. In my first quilts with labels, I made it easy. I named them according to what was going on in my life, at that particular time.

When I was working on this quilt, which I named Sandy's Journey, my aunt had died from cancer when I was finishing it. I was thinking of her journey through chemotherapy and the hardship the family had gone through.

-
In this next quilt, which I named Jordan Fishies, my son, who was only two years-old at the time, would run his little fingers over the shapes and call them his "fishies."
-
There are unlimited ways to label your quilts. In my next posts, I'll show you how I, personally, make my labels.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment