Friday, October 15, 2010

Elm Creek Quilt Series Update

I'm still into my Elm Creek Series books although I am doing more listening to audio versions than reading with book in hand. I can get more done with housework or quilting, with the earphones in, than sitting on the couch and doing nothing but reading to myself. But don't get me wrong, I am old-fashioned. I would prefer to read each and every one if I had the time.

I had read all but two of the series. I have yet to read New Year's Quilt and The Aloha Quilt. Both are in modern day time version verses the historical version, which I enjoy more. The author, Jennifer Chiaverini will another book out early next year. I'm not sure of the title. I'm looking forward to it very much.

I have an audio version of The Aloha Quilt on order at the library (through the Interlibrary Loan Program because our library doesn't have it) along with Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. It was a classic book and Jane was a quilter, as well. I've been told that it may be difficult to read so I thought that if I had someone reading it to me (audio version) may be easier.

As I wait for these book to come in, I am in the middle if listening to The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson. It is a mystery and the main character is an art quilter. So far, it is pretty good. It's hard to stop listening to it sometimes. I'm be listening to it while I working on the lab coat. It should be done for the next post.

Jane
-
p.s. I had just visited Jennifer Chiaverini's website: elmcreek.net. It is announced that her next book will be titled The Union Quilters and it will be released February 2011. You can read the first chapter on her website (I will doing this soon) and it looks as if it is based during the civil war era. YAY!! I've loved the other books during this period. I hope this one will be just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment