Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Like I Need Another Idea for a Quilt

Now, I know that I said "No more Cub Scouts," but there was something on my Banquet display that gave me an idea for a new quilt!! One part was about optical illusions. Ask yourself, "Does the line appear to be straight or wavy?" Actually, all the vertical and horizontal lines are straight (I don't know how well it comes across on the computer screen). I was hoping it will have the same effect once made into a quilt!

Well, I couldn't resist! I had to try it out. And now, I'm beginning to think that maybe I should have made it a little smaller. The blocks are 4 1/2 inched square and the smaller ones are 1 1/2 inches. I may not have the same optical effect this size. Only if you were looking at it from a distance (a far distance). It may turn out just a quilt with squares. But I had to try it out!

I'm going to get those other quilt top finished and "sandwiched," and get them photographed.

Be back soon,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment