Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quilt Preview

Well, here it is. I fixed the mistake that I had made earlier and laid it out on the floor to get an idea of what it will look like. There are five horizontal rows in the body of this quilt and I still have the fifth row to sew on. I still have to design the border. I'm thinking of a patchwork style in the border since I still have a lot of the fabrics left.

My older son will be having two big events coming up in Cub Scouts this month, the Blue & Gold Banquet and the Pinewood Derby. Since this is his last year as Cub Scout, his will be in the "Crossing Over Ceremony" (crossing over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts), along with the other boys in our den. As their Den Leader, I am responsible for decorating a table displaying our projects and accomplishments. So, that's what will be taking up most of my time for the next couple weeks.
But you know that I can't drop the quilting. I'll probably do the scout stuff while my son is at school and when he is sleeping, so it will be a surprise for him, too. Most likely, I try working on the gradation plates for now.
Til later,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment