Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day

We had some snow last night and now I have my two monkeys home from school today. I'm going to have to find things to keep them busy otherwise they will drive me nuts. : )

The snow started falling while we were at a Scouting event last night. Yesterday, February 8, was the 100th anniversary of Boy Scouts of America and our scout council had an event celebrating our centennial and they also had former-first lady Laura Bush as our keynote speaker.
I found it very interesting but I think my son got a little bored during the hour-long presentation. But I still think he enjoyed it and, hopefully, it will be something that he will remember when he is older.

The postman had a surprise for me in my box! He had brought me two quilt patterns.

Yoyoville from Bunny Hill Designs

I have been wanting to do a Bunny Hill quilt for a while. Anne Sutton has an adorable style to her quilts. I actually want to make her Baltimore Bunnies quilt, but this one looks a little easier and perhaps I can get it done faster. And I have some fat quarters left over from the "Quilt Making 101" quilt from Annie Smith's web-quilt class. It is the fabrics used in the photo (Moda's Simple Abundance By Bonnie and Camille). No time like the present to get started!!

Reminiscence from The Rabbit Factory

I had found this quilt while blog-surfing one day. The quilt just spoke to me. I loved the applique work, the colors that were used.

Just a thought:

I have heard some quilt artists/designers say that they love to see quilters, when making a quilt from one of the artists' designs, to make the quilt "their own." To use their design and put a little twist on it, such as different colors or different fabric choices, and not make it what is pictured on the cover of the pattern. Well, I can't say that for myself. When I see a new quilt, one that I just fall in love with, it is the design, the colors, the fabrics in that quilt that I want to make for myself. I want to make the exact quilt that is photographed on the cover of that quilt pattern. Is that so wrong?

Just like the Dresden plate quilt. I have finished the top. Notice that it is just like the picture? Okay, I did make it a little bit bigger, but I wanted the quilt that was shown in the magazine.

I am plan to work on the "Quilt Making 101" quilt. I have all the sampler block finished and I need to figure out what sashing to use. And to satify my sweet tooth, I will cut out some of the houses from the Yoyoville quilt.

Be back soon,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment