Thursday, February 11, 2010

Satifying My Sweet Tooth

I couldn't help myself. I had to start on the Yoyoville quilt. I had the fabrics from the Quiltmaking 101 quilt (see below) left and I couldn't resist. I think the houses are so cute! I have ordered charm packs used to make the yoyos. Hopefully soon, I can get a better look of all the colors.

Here it is. My Quiltmaking 101 sampler quilt. I'm having a hard time figuring out the sashing. I don't want to use a plain solid sashing. And the Bear's paw at the bottom of the quilt
just doesn't appeal to me. I'm going to redo it using more colors.

Until the yoyo fabrics come in, what to work on now? I still have another quilt that has a border that I need to finish. I guess I had gotten bored with that part of the quilt. I haven't seen it for a few months, it may be a good time to try to finish the quilt top.

Will update on the progress of my quilts soon.

Jane

1 comment:

  1. I have to confess. Although, you are one of my FAVORITE listeners and I know that if we lived close to each other we would be the BEST of friends... And I think of you as one of the most talented quilters I know.... Today is the first time I have visited your blog. Forgive me.

    I love your sampler. It reminds me of my first quilt (from the same book); but I am sure yours is better.

    I see what you mean about the bears paw; but maybe if you put in on the other side of the house you would like it better.

    Thanks again for listening, I will definately visit regularly.

    Brye Lynn
    www.sewstitchcreate.com

    ReplyDelete