Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Recent Fabric Venture

Today, I went ahead and made that long awaited trip for more fabric. I can't wait to get these finished so that I may be able to work on some other WIPs.

I had gotten some more fabric for the Sunflower quilt. I wanted to use some to the fabric I had already. I don't know how I had gotten so much. This quilt had started out as a "Southern Indiana Shop Hop "quilt and I may have gotten the extra fabric to complete all the sampler blocks that were available. I had to purchase more blue and black for the sashing (on the left side). The rest is an idea for the border and binding (on the right) that I may use on the quilt.

Another purchase was more fabric for the "Quilt Making 101" sampler quilt. I had chosen the turquoise for the border and the stripe for the binding. What do you think of the border ideas?

And more batiks for the McKenna Ryan "Storybook Farm" quilt. I have just a little more of the fabric to search for.

My younger son will be going on field trip tomorrow and I will have the whole "school" day to myself. I am planning on making a photo tutorial on how to make a "continuous binding strip." With a submission of how you make your own "continuous bias strip," Brye Lynn from sewstitchcreate.com is having a giveaway for a bias tape maker. I will be posting on how I make my "continuous bias strip" for tomorrow's post.

Honestly, I just love Brye. She has a fabulous podcast on her website, very much worth the listen. She resides in Florida and my mother-in-law also lives in Florida. We try to visit the in-law each year so that the boys have an opportunity to visit them and to visit the beaches. Brye and the mil don't live too far from each other, so I'm hoping that I may be able to get a visit sometime! Who knows?!
So, that's all for now. Gonna work on photographing the bias strip method.
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet comments. I am just LOVING your blog. I realized tonight that I forgot to add it to my blog reader. Now will never miss a post!

    ReplyDelete