Monday, January 3, 2011

Did You Miss Me?

I'm back!

It seems like forever since I've been here!! I mean, it was last year since I last posted! But seriously, it has been just over a week and 2011 is now upon us. It is this time of year that I make my resolutions.... here's just a few...
  • Take better care of myself. I'm sure I'm not the only one - I tend to care for everyone else and I forget about ME. So I'm planning to exercise (yoga) and do some light-weight training 3 times a week. Drink more milk. Take my vitamins like I'm suppose to.
  • In connection to the above resolution, to get myself back into shape so that I may recuperate quickly from my next knee surgery. I'm scared to death and I've been postponing the surgery. I need to get it over with.
  • Be more patient with my boys (and that includes the hubby!). I need to let them act like "brothers" sometimes (but not all the time!) and just let a little chaos happen.
  • Get myself more organized. Not sure exactly how I will start this. Working on it a little everyday, it may be a year long endeavor.
  • And I need to get these quilts finished!
I can't just give them up. I look at them and I can still see the masterpiece that I saw when I first started them. And now that the quilt shop will enable me to used their quilting machine, I'm hoping to quilting process will go a lot more quickly. I've got about 4 to 5 packages of batting ready to go.

My Square- Or Is It? quilt is almost done. Will need to figure out the quilting design to use on the square blocks and I still need to purchase the backing fabric. I'm envisioning a curvy-swirly print.


I'm also trying to get my Round the Block quilt completed. I already know how I want it quilted and I'm wanting to use a check fabric for the back. If I can get it done pretty quickly, I can get it on the quilting machine once they are ready.



Now back to work to better myself and working on these quilts!!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment