Sunday, January 23, 2011

Heartache Generates Some Creativity

I'm feeling a lot better now about the tournament result. My son is taking it a lot better than my husband. Instead of grieving about it like a little baby, I had to steer my feelings into another direction.

All of the boys' families usually purchase shirts (basketball themed with school's name) to wear at the games. I had an idea a few months ago to make a jacket with the owl (school's mascot) on the back of it. I came up with this drawing.

I never got it on the back of a jacket and I soon just ran out of time. But I could make a wall hanging out of it! I thought it would be the perfect outlet to get my feelings out on!

I initially had drawn it on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper, so I had to enlarge it.

And keeping the basketball theme, I thought I'd add a basketball in the background. I'm wanting to make it subtle. I'd like to make the background white with a beige or cream ball.


It kind of gives you an idea of what it will look like. I had thought of making another one to donate to the school. It could have the coaches and players names on it and perhaps they could sign their names on it. But that's two that I will make to make! And I'd have to make it before the end of the school year!

Not sure exactly when I'll actually get the fabric for it. Will I really make it? I may not, but I really enjoyed drawing it up.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment