My little guy was home with me today. He was running a fever last night and he had stayed home from school. Even with him home, I was still able to work on my quilts.
I've gotten some of the blocks pieces of a Drunkard's Path quilt together to give me an idea of what the quilt top would look like once it was done.
A version of another Drunkard's Path quilt.
Once I had the Spring Bloomers quilt on the floor for viewing, I wasn't satisfied with how the colors are working together.
I had purchased the fabric first and then had designed the quilt for them. I knew that I had groups of red, yellow. green, blue, and pink fabrics but I didn't realize that there was such a difference in tones (light-to-darkness) among each color. The drawing really doesn't match the quilt too well. It looks mismatched and not cohesive.
I have an option of making another quilt with colors that are more carefully picked... but really, let's be realistic. I would love to make a quilt that would match the drawing but I'll just have another unfinished quilt to add to my pile. I'll continue to finish this one and hopefully it will grow on my and I'll change my mind.