Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just Testing

I've been testing out some quilting designs for my Square- Or Is It? quilt. I thought it would be pretty easy because its blocks are a simple square shape. But some of them have one or two smaller squares appliqued to them and I had to figure how to work around them.

With a little bit of experimenting, I came up with this:


Just test driving it a while to see how I like it. What do you think?

I found it very easy to trace the image from behind the light fabric, but it was very difficult to see through the dark fabric. Even with a bright light behind it. So devised a template that can be traced from the top of the fabric.

I had used my handy-dandy plastic margarine container lid. Once I had traced the pattern on the lid, I cut out an approx. 1/8th inch slit where the pencil marking was. It is in these slits that I'm going to mark my fabric.

I'll try it out for a while and once the quilt-top id finished, I'll have to mark each and every 225 square blocks!!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment