Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Problem Solved!

I feel so proud of myself today!

I had sat down on the couch, after taking the boys to school, to work on some hand-applique. I was working with my magnetic pin cushion and I really didn't have a place to keep my needle. I usually just stick the needle in the sticker/paper covering the top of the spool. But eventually, there are so many needle pricks that it either falls into the spool or the paper shreds to pieces.


I couldn't place my needle into my magnetic pin cushion because it would become lost with all the pins.

I had to make a needle cushion - something that can hold the needle I was using and keep it near the spool of thread.

Ta Da!! It was so easy to make!

One problem solved and it's so cute to look at, too!

I have seen these before and I have wanted to make one for a long time. It's made with a golf tee so it can fit in the spool.

I have another quilt that I'm having to applique two different colors of squares onto. I'm going to make two more for working on that quilt. Maybe I'll use some pretty ribbon for that petal for a different look.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment